Monday, August 13, 2012

My leash.

I approached my owner tentatively as he walked over to the door, its about time for my morning walk, slowpoke. 

As he picked up my leash, the clinking of the metal head was music to my ears as I dashed out of the door and wagged my tail with full force in enthusiasm and anticipation. In a way, it was a trick to entice my owner to give me a longer walk. i wonder if it really works, but this is one trick that is staying in my book.

Then he attached the leash to my collar as i stayed still to allow him ease of putting it on. My leash is short but i am old, and increasingly I am bounded by my weak legs rather than that short leash. What a drag, old age...

 Learning to live with a leash is definitely a transition from my mongrel status to a domestic family pet. It is my release to  30mins of exertion and excretion. It was also a curse to my movement, but as i have said, a mere annoyance now.

 As we exited the elevator, excitedly i took the lead as we headed to the open air! However, just a turn of the head i came into my instinctual prey - a cat. We locked eyes an in a span of a millisecond, i saw it tense up. We sized each other up. It was a young one, puny and small. A million thoughts raced through my mind - I could see that it was very afraid.  I was sure i was able to catch it since it is still young and inexperienced. Oh it would be exhilarating to clamp down on its body as I cornered it.   And it would be nice to see if I still had it. You are going down little kitty! All these thoughts condensed into a ball of energy waiting to be released in an instant. I am ready for the kill.

Just then, there was a tug at my collar. I turned my head towards the park, and trotted happily down. 


No comments: